Blah, Blah, Blog

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Holy Blogging!

O.K.  Here goes!  I have no idea how this works or where it goes or who sees it.

I am in my 4th term at Kaplan.  I am interested in Health and Wellness.  I really want to help kids who are on the path to obesity not ever get there, or help kids who are obese get healthy habits going and change their lifestyles.

I am a 41 yr old wife and mother.  I am a stay at home mom ( which I don't get cause I have so much to do with the girls at their school plus my own chores that I am never really AT home).  I volunteer at an animal shelter close to home and just started being a Daisy scout leader for my kindergartner.  I also help with the Brownies that my first grader is in.  I take two classes at Kaplan at a time, I can't possibly handle anymore than that.  I am trying to make it to the YMCA a few days a week so I can "walk the talk" in my profession  (when I find it!) 

I love reading, music, and "old lady" crafts.  That's what all my friends call it.  They find it amusing to see me knitting while I am listening to heavy metal or watching a scary movie. 

I look forward to reading your posts and getting to know how this works in the future!

~Becki~  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Becky! Do not worry, I am new to this Blog thing, too! I think your health and wellness goals are fantastic! The concept of helping kids on the "path to obesity" never get there is a really great motto/idea! You seem like a strong individual with a lot of motivation! Supermom/Superstudent! Good luck trying to figure out this blog thing, I am right here with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Becki! I too am new to this blogging stuff. I love your goal of helping keep kids from becoming obese and helping obese kids become healthy. After having two kids I have kind of let myself "go", so I am trying to get on the healthy track. If you have any suggestions let me know. Just post it on my blog. I will try and visit everyones blogs frequently, i stress the word try. Good luck with school!

    ~Sam~

    ReplyDelete