Blah, Blah, Blog

Friday, November 26, 2010

I love Being a Student!

I love being an online student.  I like taking as many or as few hours a day to do my work as I want.
When you have husband, kids, girl scouts, volunteering, etc... it's nice to be able to break up your day and get the school work done.  If I had to go to a class room I would never make it to class.  There are times when I am in seminar and my kids are on the floor in front of me with coloring books and crayons listening in and making comments. 
I like that other students in the on line classes seem to have the same line of thinking as myself.  It seems on line students take on a higher level of responsibility and commit to a higher level of learning than in a traditional classroom setting.  I feel like I learn so much not only from my instructors but from my peers as well.
I think on line students have a greater sense of community with eachother and go out of their way to help eachother out, kind of like "I got your back" stuff.
I think time and technology are leading us all to on line learning.  I won't be surprised if even junior high kids are taking some of all of their courses for school on line in the next decade. 

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't have said it better myself, lol. This is my 4th term as an online student and I am still loving it. I did the "traditional classroom" and it just didn't work. I found myself not being able to make it to class for whatever reason and then the commuting back and forth can get a little crazy. Being an online student is awesome, lol.

    ReplyDelete